Interested in a career in the field of eye care? We have 2 part time positions available. See job description below!
January 21, 2016
|Liberty Village with occasional support required at Etobicoke location||Optical||2 x Part Time|
|· The Optical Patient Service Specialist’s primary objective is to act as the primary support to the Optometrist and running of the practice including primary contact with all patients and booking appointments, welcoming and registering patients, performing pre-tests as required and to assist patients with purchases of frames and other optical dispensary items.|
· Responsible to manage reception phone lines including providing direction and information as required by patients and or suppliers.
· Booking of appointments and gathering of accurate information from patients.
· Greet In office patients in a courteous and friendly demeanour while building rapport with patients.
· Perform all pre-tests and liaise with Optometrist to keep patients on schedule.
· Assist patients with frame selection, styling, fitting, lens selection and measurements.
· Enter lab orders and accurate patient information as well as supply insurance forms and receipts.
· Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when eyewear is ready.
· Dispense, adjust and repair eyewear.
· Schedule follow up appointments as needed.
· Monitor job status from optical labs and ensure accuracy and quality.
· Maintain the general appearance of the dispensary and reception area.
· Effectively manage patient encounters including sales, concerns, after care and communications with professionalism.
· Assist in inventory management of optical including prescription and sunglasses
· Participate in personal and team development training and initiatives including staff meetings, continuing education and conferences.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership team, suppliers and the general public.
· Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
Responsibilities can change without notice, may be updated frequently and are not limited to the list above.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.